B&K Precision expands its line of affordable Programmable DC Electronic Loads Ranging From 300 W - 5000 W
YORBA LINDA, CA, January 16, 2009 -- B&K Precision continues to grow its line of affordable Programmable DC Electronic loads with the introduction of eight additional models. The ten models of the 8500 family of Programmable DC Electronic Loads offer a wide operating range, flexible operating modes, and excellent measurement accuracy, making the 8500 Series well suited for characterizing DC power supplies, DC-DC converters, batteries, fuel cells, and solar cells.
The ten 8500 Series models offer a broad range of ratings, ranging from 300 W to 5000 W, 30 A to 240 A, and 60 V to 500 V.
The 8500 Series DC loads can operate in CC, CV, CR or CP mode while voltage/current or resistance/power values are measured and displayed in real time. The load terminals are isolated and floating. Extensive protection, including over temperature, over power, over voltage, over current and reverse polarity will help protect your valuable prototype. All parameters can be set quickly and precisely from the front panel, or programmed via RS232 (included) or USB (optional) interfaces.
Key features of the 8500 Series Programmable DC Electronic Loads include:
- Constant current (CC), resistance (CR), voltage (CV) and power (CP) operation
- Wide voltage and current range, 0 to 500 V, 0 to 240 A (5000 W max)
- Low minimum operating voltage of < 0.1 V and minimum input resistance of 5 mΩ (model 8518) allowing the load to sink high current at low voltages, required for fuel and solar cell applications
- Built-in transient generator
- Built-in high resolution (0.1 mA/1 mV) voltage and current measurement (models 8500 & 8502)
- Bright, easy to read display (VFD technology)
- Over-Current/Over-Voltage/Over-Power/Over-Temperature Protection
- RS232 to TTL serial converter cable and application software included
- List mode operation for increased throughput.
- Battery testing mode to provide Ah rating of battery (ending voltage level is adjustable)
- Flexible triggering: Create trigger events by front panel keystroke, back panel TTL signal, or software.
- Remote voltage sensing to compensate for the effect of voltage drop in wires.
- Thermostatically-controlled fans allow operation in quiet environments with minimal disruption.
Pricing and Availability
Available for immediate delivery, the 8500 Series Programmable DC Electronic Loads are priced as low as US$1050 (model 8500), and come with a power cord, user instruction manual, installation CD with application software, TTL-to-RS-232 serial converter, and one-year warranty. Optional rack mount kit and USB-to-serial adapter are available.
About B&K Precision
For more than 60 years, B&K Precision Corporation has been building a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of reliable and cost-effective test and measurement instruments. The company’s products are used in a wide range of applications including design, research and development, production line testing, industrial maintenance, and electronic field service. B&K Precision test and measurement instruments are standard equipment in a large number of universities and technical schools which train future engineers and technicians. B&K Precision was founded in 1951 and is headquartered in Yorba Linda, California.