B&K Precision Extends Programmable AC Power Sources up to 3000VA
Compact, Feature-Rich, Cost-Effective New 9830 Series Can Also Serve as DC, AC+DC Sources; Features Amplifier Mode for Complex Waveform Creation
YORBA LINDA, CA, July 31, 2017 -- B&K Precision, a leading designer and manufacturer of reliable, cost-effective test and measurement instruments, today announced the 9830 Series, a new line of programmable, single-phase AC power sources for testing electronic devices during design, service and manufacturing. Delivering up to 3000VA and featuring an operating frequency to 1200 Hz, the 9830 Series builds on B&K Precision’s popular and widely deployed family of AC power sources, giving designers a more versatile test instrument for developing products requiring a wider range of power.
The 9830 Series -- Model 9832 with AC power of 2000VA, and Model 9833 with 3000VA – are designed for R&D laboratories, service centers and manufacturing applications. The 9832 and 9833 deliver highly accurate sine output with low total harmonic distortion (THD) when operating in AC output mode. Their built-in output options include sine, square, clip-sine, harmonic distortion and user-defined waveforms. The competitively priced 9832 and 9833 each feature an amplifier mode with 1.2 kHz bandwidth for generating complex arbitrary waveforms.
“Power requirements vary widely by region and country, so we designed the new 9830 Series to allow development of a broad range of AC-power products for the global market,” said David Holt, senior product manager at B&K Precision. “These new AC power sources deliver a compact yet feature-rich and cost-effective solution that can meet designers’ current and future output power and frequency needs, while enabling pre-compliance testing in accordance with international standards.”
The 9832 and 9833 can be used to simulate power-line disturbances and worldwide power requirements. Additionally, their 12 on-screen measurements provide detailed information about the device under test. The instruments’ AC+DC mode can be used to provide DC bias voltage and is also useful for power-line disturbance testing.
The 9830 Series increases the VA range of B&K Precision’s earlier AC power sources by up to 200 percent and extends the operating frequency to 1200 Hz. Both instruments support remote-interface standards common in system designs: LAN, GPIB, USBTMC-compliant USB, and RS232.
The 9830 Series’ intuitive user interface features a numeric keypad, rotary knob, navigation keys, a 4.3-inch color LCD display capable of displaying 12 measurements simultaneously, and a USB host port. The instruments can also be controlled from a standard web browser via built-in web server.
Key features of the new 9830 Series
- AC source with standard waveforms sine, square and clipped sine
- Low THD that meets the IEC 61000-3-2 standard
- Pre-compliance testing according to IEC61000-3-2 and IEC61000-4-11/14/28/34
- Amplifier mode: Connect an arbitrary waveform generator to the analog input to generate complex waveforms with up to 1.2 kHz of bandwidth.
- DC and AC+DC output modes for adding positive and negative bias voltage
- Comprehensive measurement capabilities: Vrms, Arms, Vdc, +Apk, -Apk, inrush current, frequency, power factor, apparent power, reactive power, true power, and crest factor
- Step, List and Pulse modes for generating power line disturbance simulations
- Digital I/O port supporting external trigger, transient indication, failure status indication, remote inhibit, and external analog output level programming interface
- Comprehensive protection modes OVP, OCP,OPP, OTP, fan failure, output timer and key lock
- Downloadable LabVIEW driver and soft panel software for remote control
- Standard remote interfaces LAN, GPIB, USBTMC-compliant USB, and RS232
For additional technical specifications, accessories, photos, and support documents, visit: http://www.bkprecision.com/products/power-supplies/9833-programmable-ac-power-source-3000-va.html
Download High-Resolution images here
About B&K Precision
For more than 60 years, B&K Precision Corporation has been building a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of reliable and cost-effective test and measurement instruments. The company’s products are used in a wide range of applications including design, research and development, production line testing, industrial maintenance, and electronic field service. B&K Precision test and measurement instruments are standard equipment in a large number of universities and technical schools which train future engineers and technicians. B&K Precision was founded in 1951 and is headquartered in Yorba Linda, California.