DISCONTINUED—Remote Network Cable Analyzer with Tone Gen.
The 240A is a small handheld tester which enables the user to quickly read the status of Ethernet twisted pair cables. The 240A's tone generator feature can be used to trace installed cables and locate areas of discontinuity. The 240A includes one master unit and one remote and can be operated easily by one person testing patch cords or installed cables.
- Testing of twisted pair cables for open circuits, shorts, crossed pairs, reversed pairs and split pairs
- Minimum length for split pair detection is 1.97ft (0.6m)
- Testing of twisted pair cables over 450ft (135m) in length
- Tone generator for tracing installed cables and locating faults (use with 261 Cable Tracer Probe)
- Shield integrity testing
- Special designed remote unit that enables one-person testing of installed cables
- Small remote unit that slides into master unit for convenient and safe storage
- Automatic sleep mode and power switch to decrease power consumption
- Low battery LED (9V battery not included)