B&K Precision - Employment Opportunity
Title of the position: Operations Manager
Excellent opportunity for an operations manager with a well-established and growing manufacturer of electronic test and measurement instruments, located in Yorba Linda, CA. In this role, you will direct and execute the company’s Inventory Control, Purchasing and Operation/Logistics activities. Additionally, you will assist with facilities management and maintenance.
Manage the company’s inventory and maintain an adequate mix to support Sales and consistent with the company turns and fill rate targets.
- Continuous analysis, planning and forecasting using historical data, input from sales & marketing, and overall economic conditions to maintain adequate levels and mix
- Present purchase order recommendations to management on a systematic basis
- Develop, maintain and improve effective control procedures to ensure accuracy of inventory
Procure goods intended for resale as well as other items and services required to support the company operations.
- Manage the purchasing specialist responsible for purchasing finished goods for resale
- Setup new products in the company’s business system, establishing UPC codes, harmonized codes, etc., as necessary
- Maintain good relationships with existing vendors and develop new vendors as needed
- Maintain and improve the vendor monitoring program, i.e., “vendor score card”
- Setup and maintain product lead times and estimated arrival times in the system then communicate initial information and changes to Sales
- Manage freight forwarder companies to insure freight rates are competitive, verify freight bills, select alternate freight forwarders, as necessary
- Oversee the warehouse operation including shipping, receiving and storing of inventory
- Maintain and continuously improve processes/procedures for managing spare parts used for the repair of instruments
- Manage “special inventory” such as refurbished, clearance, non-conforming, first articles and demo units and related procedures
- Continuously improve our inbound logistics processes by decreasing cost and increasing efficiencies e.g. by consolidating shipments, optimizing drop shipments, efficient movement of raw material between manufacturing sites, etc.
- Maintain contracts and vendor files for the purpose on ensuring ongoing availability of goods/services in compliance with contract terms and conditions
- Working closely with the COO, establish Key Process Indicators (KPIs) and create reports to measure and continuously improve the company’s processes and performance
- Assist the COO with maintenance of internal transfer prices and customer-facing pricelists
- Analyze business data and provide reports to senior management to assist with decision making.
- Assist with and facilities management and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management or related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills
- Proven leadership and team building skills
- Working knowledge of inventory plannign and forecasting techniques
- Strong analytical skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Highly proficient with MS office suite, especially Excel (conditional formulas, vlookup, pivot tables)
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or automated procurement system
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Understanding of import/export procedures
- CPSM and/or APICs or similar purchasing /material management certification
- Ability to communicate in written Chinese
- Experience in electronics industry
- Experience with ISO 9001 quality system
- Familar with databases. Ability to write SQL queries to analyze data and automate processes
- Working knowledge of business intelligence applications such as Crystal Reports , Microsoft Power BI
Posted: December 23, 2020
We offer an attractive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) savings plan with company match, flexible spending accounts and paid time off.
Qualified applicants please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Operations Manager in the subject heading.