New 150W/60V/30A DC Electronic Load in a low-cost, compact package
YORBA LINDA, CA, December 11, 2008 -- B&K Precision Corporation announces the immediate availability of the model 8540 DC Electronic Load. Priced at $499, the compact instrument measures only 3.5” x 6.9” x 11.10” and is at home on both the bench and the production floor. The Model 8540 can reliably test a 5 volt power supply to 30 amps and do it continuously. The unit can operate in CC, CV, or CR mode while voltage/current or resistance/power values are measured and displayed in real time, making it well suited to test a variety of DC power sources.
The 8540's performance is comparable to most basic bench DC electronic loads, yet it does the job at half the price and takes up half the space on your bench.
Outstanding features of the model 8540 DC Electronic Load include:
- Operates between 0 to 60 V, 1 mA to 30 A (150 W max)
- Constant current (CC), resistance (CR), and voltage (CV) operation
- Easy to operate
- Bright, easy to read display
- Very compact and light weight (6lbs.)
- Two current ranges: 3 A (1 mA resolution) and 30 A (10 mA resolution)
- Built-in high resolution (0.1 mA/1 mV) voltage and current measurement
- Over-Current and Over-Voltage Protection
- Short mode to simulate shorts
- Saves up to 400 instrument settings.
Available for immediate delivery, the model 8540 DC Electronic Load is priced at a low $499.00 and comes with a power cord, user manual and one-year warranty.
About B&K Precision
For more than 60 years, B&K Precision Corporation has been building a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of reliable and cost-effective test and measurement instruments. The company’s products are used in a wide range of applications including design, research and development, production line testing, industrial maintenance, and electronic field service. B&K Precision test and measurement instruments are standard equipment in a large number of universities and technical schools which train future engineers and technicians. B&K Precision was founded in 1951 and is headquartered in Yorba Linda, California.