Programmable DC Electronic Loads
MSRP $4,280 / 1 Yr WarrantyWhere to Buy
- Docs & Software
- Accessories & Options
- Additional Resources
- Constant current (CC), resistance (CR), voltage (CV) and power (CP) operation
- 8500 Series contains models with wide voltage and current range, 0 to 500 V, 0 to 240 A (5000 W max)
- Built-in transient generator
- Short circuit test
- Built-in high resolution (0.1 mA/1 mV) voltage and current measurement (models 8500 & 8502)
- Over-Current/Over-Voltage/Over-Power/Over-Temperature Protection
- USB to TTL serial converter cables and application software included
- List mode operation for increased throughput
- Battery testing mode to provide A*hr rating of battery (ending voltage level is adjustable)
- Flexible triggering: Create trigger events by front panel keystroke, back panel TTL signal, or software.
- Remote voltage sensing to compensate for the effect of voltage drop in wires
Rack mount kit for select models
The IT-E151 is for rack mounting of compatible products in either a side-by-side configuration or single unit configuration where a provided blank is used to fill the empty space. The dimensions for the kit are 5.24" (133mm) by 19" (482.6mm).
- 1785B Series - 8512 - 9120A Series - 8514 - 9150 Series - 8518 - 9130B Series - 8600 - 8542B - 8601 - 8500/B - 8602 - 8502/B - 891 - 8510/B - 9801
High current premium test lead accessory
High quality red and black cable with externally braided wrap with large fork-type spade connectors for connecting to high current power supplies or DC loads.
- Length: 2 m
- Rated current: 60 A
- Gauge: 8 AWG
- Connector inner diameter: 8 mm (approximate)
- Connector outer width: 15 mm (approximate)
- Wire material: flexible silicon jacket
The 8500 series Programmable DC Electronic Loads can be used for testing and evaluating a variety of DC power sources. Their wide operating ranges of up to 500 V and 240 A, flexible operating modes and excellent measurement accuracy make the 8500 series well suited for characterizing DC Power supplies, DC-DC Converters, batteries, fuel cells and solar cells.
The loads can operate in CC, CV, CR or CP mode while voltage/current or resistance/power values are measured and displayed in real time. Load terminals are isolated and floating. Over temperature, over power, over voltage, over current and reverse polarity protection will help protect your valuable prototype and circuits.
|8514||1200 W||0.1 - 120 V||240 A||$3,320|
|8518||1200 W||0.1 - 60 V||240 A||$4,280|
|8524||5000 W||0.1 - 60 V||240 A||$9,500|
|dc_electronic_load_application_note.pdf||DC Electronic Loads Application Note|