1200W Programmable DC Electronic Load
Price: $4280 / 1 yr WarrantyDiscontinued
Apr 27, 2021
No distributors seem to have what you're looking for in stock. You can try searching again with a different part number or call us direct for a quote. (714) 921-9095. If applicable, download the Request Quote form for the corresponding product.
The 8518 has been replaced by the: 8514B
The affordable, laboratory grade model 8518 Programmable DC Electronic Load is well suited for testing and evaluating a wide variety of DC power sources. This DC electronic load can operate in CC, CV, CR or CP mode while voltage/current or resistance/power values are measured and displayed in real time and is fully programmable via RS232 or USB interface. Over temperature, over power, over voltage, over current and reverse polarity protection will help protect your valuable prototype and circuits. Its flexible operating modes and excellent measurement accuracy make this DC electronic load a great choice for characterizing DC Power supplies, DC-DC Converters, batteries, fuel cells and solar cells.
- Operates between 0-60 VDC, 1 mA-240 A, 1200 W max
- Constant current (CC), resistance (CR), voltage (CV) and power (CP) operation
- Built-in high resolution (1 mA/1 mV) voltage and current measurement (range dependant)
- A low minimum operating voltage of < 0.1 V and input resistance of 5 mOhm make this DC load especially well suited for fuel and solar cell applications
- Bright, easy to read display (VFD technology)
- Built-in transient generator
- Programmable via RS232 or USB interface. RS232 to TTL serial converter cable, USB to TTL serial converter cable, and application software included
- List mode operation for increased throughput
- Battery testing mode to provide Ah rating of battery
- Flexible triggering: Create trigger events by front panel keystroke, back panel TTL signal or software
- Connect multiple units in parallel to increase current rating
- Remote sense
|Product||Max Voltage||Max Current||Max Power||Type||Interface||MSRP|
High current premium test lead accessory
High quality red and black cable with externally braided wrap with large fork-type spade connectors for connecting to high current power supplies or DC loads.
- Length: 2 m
- Rated current: 60 A
- Gauge: 8 AWG
- Connector inner diameter: 8 mm (approximate)
- Connector outer width: 15 mm (approximate)
- Wire material: flexible silicon jacket
- MSRP: $113
RS232 to TTL Interface Kit
This is the RS232 to TTL interface kit includes both the RS232 to TTL adapter and a RS232 DB9 to DB9 cable.
- MSRP: $65
USB to TTL Interface
This is the USB to TTL interface replacement part that was originally included with its paired product. A standard USB cable is included.
- MSRP: $64