878B, 879B and 880
Dual Display Handheld 100kHz LCR Meter with ESR
Price: $515 / 3 yr Warranty
The 878B, 879B, and 880 40,000-count handheld LCR meters measure inductance, capacitance, and resistance quickly and precisely. The 879B and 880 also measures impedance, Theta, DCR, and ESR. Additionally, the 880 offers capabilities typically only found in bench LCR meters such as a 4-terminal configuration, basic measurement accuracy up to 0.1%, test frequencies up to 100 kHz, selectable test signal levels and measurement rate.
Fast auto ranging and quick measurement configuration such as measurement parameter and test frequency selection make these meters very simple to operate. The meter also includes handy functions such as data hold, Min/Max/Average recording, tolerance sorting, and relative mode.
Measurement data can continuously transfer to a PC via the meter's mini USB interface, using either the provided data logging software or SCPI commands sent from a custom program.
Features & Benefits
- 40,000 counts resolution on primary and 10,000 counts resolution on secondary display
- L, C, R, and Z (879B & 880 only) primary measurements
- Automatic calculation of secondary parameters D, Q, Theta, ESR (Theta/ESR for 879B &880 only), and DCR (880 only)
- Accuracy up to 0.1% and selectable test frequencies up to 100 kHz (880 only)
- Fast auto range design for rapid, easy component measurements
- Auto detect mode for automatic component type identification and measurement type selection (880 only)
- Relative mode
- Visible and audible tolerance mode
- Backlit display (879B & 880 only)
- Data Hold and Min/Max/Average recording
- USB (Virtual COM) interface
- SCPI compliant commands for remote communication
- Software for datalogging and front panel emulation available as free download
- Configurable power-up-states
- All commonly requested accessories included (880 only)
- Passive component troubleshooting
- Electronic assembly
- Quality control (component sorting)
Ordering Information: Models 879B and 880 include a 120 V AC adapter as a standard accessory. To include a 230 V AC adapter, order model 879B-220V or 880-220V. AC adapters are optional accessories for the 878B.
Test leads for handheld LCR meters (Sheathed)
- Includes one red and one black lead
- 5" Long sheathed banana to alligator clip
- Short length allows for accurate component measurements
- Used with LCR Meters and Capacitance Meters
- MSRP: $12
DMM Carrying Case
- Light weight, durable Cordura nylon Protects your instruments
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Room to hold your test leads
- Approximate Internal Dimensions: 4" x 2.5" x 8" (102 x 64 x 203mm)
- MSRP: $21
120VAC Wall Adapter with output of 9 to 12VDC/150mA, Center +
- One is included with the model 879B
- MSRP: $23
230VAC European Two Prong Wall Adapter with output of 9 to 12VDC/150mA, Center +
- MSRP: $23
SMD Tweezer Probe
The TL8SM is a tweezer probe that is useful when measuring surface mount capacitors, inductors, and resistors. Cable length is approximately 16 inches (40.64 cm). When used with the 880, the guarded lead reduces the effect of lead impedances and contact resistance thus minimizing measurement errors and improving accuracy especially in the lower impedance range. The TL8SM is an included accessory with the model 880.
- MSRP: $55
4 Terminal shielded Kelvin test lead
The TL8KC1 is a Kelvin test lead that is useful when measuring leaded capacitors, inductors, and resistors. Cable length is approximately 16 inches (40.64 cm). When used with the 880, the guarded lead reduces the effect of lead impedances and contact resistance thus minimizing measurement errors and improving accuracy especially in the lower impedance range. The TL8KC1 is an included accessory with the model 880.
- MSRP: $55